Excellent light summer dessert, chocolate eclairs made easy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cool Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings: makes 16 pieces
I sometimes use affiliate links in my content for products that I use. This won’t cost you anything but helps to offset the recipe costs, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Eclair Torte
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 small packages vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz. whipping topping
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup water and 1/2 cup butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup flour and stir until ball forms.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to stand mixer with paddle attachment, add eggs one at a time mixing well, after each addition.
- Spread into a greased 15×10 jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Beat pudding, milk and vanilla together until thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust and chill for 1/2 hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave in 30 second increments.
- Mix in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if necessary.
- Drizzle over the filling and refrigerate until served.
Bring 1 cup water and 1/2 cup butter to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Add 1 cup flour and mix until a ball forms. Let cool 10 minutes.
Spread dough lightly into greased jelly roll pan and bake for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Whisk together pudding, vanilla and milk until thickend.
Fold in whipped topping.
Spread over cooled crust and refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave in 30 second increments. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and mix until creamy and smooth. You can add more milk as needed to make it drizzle consistency. Drizzle over filling and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Chocolate Eclair Torte is all the flavor of a full eclair without the fancy piping. Perfect mix of taste and ease.