Tastes like those fancy peanut butter eggs, only in bar form, any day of the year!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cool Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: makes 16 bars
I sometimes use affiliate links in my content for products that I use. This won’t cost you anything but helps to offset the recipe costs, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 22)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate squares
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- Line 8 in square baking pan with foil.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until combined.
- Add wafer crumbs and mix well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Cut baking chocolate down to small pieces and place in small bowl.
- Add heavy cream and microwave for 1 minute.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth and glossy.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pull out foil and cut into pieces.
Line a 8 in square baking pan with foil.
Mix together softened butter and peanut butter.
Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition.
Chop chocolate squares into small pieces. Place in a small bowl.
Add heavy cream and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth and shiny.
Pour chocolate over the peanut butter batter and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Remove the foil from the pan to lift bars out. Cut into the desired size. These bars are super rich and you could get away with cutting into 16. My hubby would just take two anyway, so I cut into 12!
Like delicious Easter candy treats any day of the year.